JUNIOR BOWLERS TOUR HANDICAP ADULT-JUNIOR TOURNAMENT Sunday, February 23, 2020 NORWICH BOWLING & ENTERTAINMENT CENTER 188 West Town Street Norwich, Connecticut (860) 889-3361
** Starting Time - 11:00 A.M. **
$400 Scholarship for 1st Place(based on 30 teams)
TOURNAMENT RULES 1. This is a handicap tournament. Teams will be made up of two persons, one junior bowler and one adult bowler. The junior bowler must be 21 years old or less as of August 1, 2019. The adult bowler must be at least 22 years old as of August 1, 2019. Junior/Adult classification is based only on age, not the type of league where each team member bowls.
2. Format: Teams will bowl four games across eight lanes in the qualifying round. 100% of the difference between the team average and 450 will be added to each game. Teams whose average is greater than 450 will be permitted to bowl with 100% negative handicap. The top 40% of the field will advance to the elimination finals. Teams in the finals will bowl one-game single-elimination matches until a champion is determined. Byes may be necessary in the first round to bring the number of teams to an easily managed number (16,8,4). Any byes that are necessary will be given to the teams with the highest four-game qualifying totals. Teams eliminated in the same round of matches will be placed in the standings based on their four-game qualifying score.
3. Entry fee is $80 per team. All scholarships won by each team will go to the junior bowler on the team.
4. The tournament will begin at 11:00 A.M. on Sunday, February 23, 2020. Entries will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Walk-in entries will be accepted at the tournament as space permits.
5. Junior Bowlers Tour bowlers will use their JBT average. All other bowlers will use their highest current league average for 15 games or more (as of the date of the tournament), or their highest final league average for the 2018-19 season, whichever is higher. All bowlers may be re-rated at the discretion of the tournament director. Bowlers with no established average must use 220.
6. Awards will be given to the top four teams. Scholarships will be awarded to the junior bowlers based on the final standings of the event. There will be a minimum of one scholarship prize awarded (to the junior bowler) for every six teams in the tournament.
7. All rules not specifically covered will be governed by the rules of the Junior Bowlers Tour and the general rules of bowling. The tournament director reserves all rights regarding the operation of the tournament.
Entries are to be mailed (with full entry fee enclosed) to:
JUNIOR BOWLERS TOUR 198 Tenth Avenue Hawthorne, New Jersey 07506
For further information, contact Chuck Pezzano Jr. - (973) 423-3339 or JBTBoss1@aol.com
All checks are to be made payable to: CHUCK PEZZANO JR.