The 15th Annual
Sunday, May 19, 2019
14 West Grand Avenue
Montvale, New Jersey
11:00 A.M. Starting Time
MODIFIED SCRATCH / HANDICAP FORMAT - Everyone is competitive
Handicap is based on 190 - all bowlers over 190 receive not handicap
Only bowlers with 30 games in JBT competition in 2018-19 receive handicap
$500 First Place scholarship - Guaranteed
80% of all entrants (up to a maximum of 48 qualifiers) advance to Elimination Finals
JBT Chuck's Bucks may be used to pay entry fee for this event
All entrants will bowl a four-game qualifying round with the top 80% of the field (up to a maximum of 48 bowlers) advancing to the Elimination Rounds.
Elimination Round One: Bowlers will be seeded based on their four-game qualifying score including handicap. Handicap is based on 100% of the difference between the bowler's average and 190. Entrants with averages of 190 and higher receive no handicap. Only those entrants who have bowled at least 30 games in JBT competition in the 2018-19 season are eligible to receive handicap. Bowlers with lass than 30 games receive no handicap, regardless of average.
The highest seeded bowler will face the lowest seeded bowler, second-highest will face second-lowest, etc. All matches in this round will consist of a Best-of-Four games match (including handicap). Any tie game will count as one-half win for each bowler. In the event a match ends with each bowler having won two games, there will be a ONE BALL roll-off to determine which bowler will advance. There is no handicap in any one-ball roll-off. Winners of each match will advance to the next round. See below for complete one-ball roll-off rules.
Re-Seeding: All surviving bowlers will have their seeding position recalculated, based on their overall average for the tournament (for all games, plus handicap). Additional Re-Seeding will take place after each round of matches.
Elimination Rounds Two, Three and Four: Th highest-seeded remaining bowler will face the lowest-seeded remaining bowler, second-highest will face second-lowest, etc. All matches in each of these rounds will consist of a BEST-of-Two game series. Any tie game will count and one-half win for each bowler. In the event a match ends with each bowler having won one game, there will be a ONE BALL roll-off to determine which bowler will advance. Each round will cut the number of surviving bowlers in half until either 2 or 3 bowlers remain for the final match.
Championship Round: The remaining bowlers will bowl a Best-of-Two game series as in prior rounds to determine the champion. The bowler who wins the mot games will be the champion. In the event of a two-way tie (one win each), the ONE BALL roll-off between the two bowlers involved will determine the champion.
Format for ONE-BALL ROLL-OFF: The highest-seeded bowler will have the choice of lane and will also have the choice of going first or second. In the event of a tie in the one-ball roll-off, additional one-ball roll-offs will be conducted until the tie is broken. The bowler having lane choice and bowling order choice will alternate for each roll-off that may be required. There will be no handicap in any roll-off.
1. There is ONE DIVISION in this tournament. Entrants who have bowled at least 30 games in JBT competition during the 2018-19 season will receive handicap based on 100% of the difference between their average and 190. Entrants who average 190 or better in JBT competition, or those who have bowled less than 30 games in JBT events will receive no handicap. The tournament is open to all male and female bowlers who were 21 years of age or less as of August 1, 2018. PBA members are not permitted to bowl.
2. Competition begins at 11:00 A.M. All entrants must be checked-in by 10:45 A.M. Entries will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Walk-in entries will be accepted at the tournament site as space permits.
3. Entry fee for the tournament is $60 if paid prior to the date of the tournament. Entry fee for walk-in bowlers is $65. Entry fee breakdown: $30 bowling fees and expenses, $30 scholarships (returned 100%).
4. Scholarship prizes will be awarded based on the final standings of the tournament. There will be at least one scholarship prize awarded for every six participants. Rules for scholarship prize distribution are available at all JBT events.
5. Proper dress and behavior is expected of all participants. Bowlers are NOT permitted to wear hats, sleeveless shirts, torn clothing, clothing with offensive language or graphics, or any apparel which the tournament director feels is inappropriate. Collared shirts are strongly suggested. Dress shorts (not basketball shorts or jean cut-offs) are permitted in JBT events. Smoking is not permitted by JBT bowlers BEFORE, DURING or AFTER the tournament. Any bowler who uses foul language, makes obscene gestures or abuses equipment will be subject to disqualification, as determined by the tournament director. Only those bowlers who are still in competition, scorekeepers and tournament officials are permitted in the settee area.
6. All rules not specifically covered will be governed by the rules of the Junior Bowlers Tour. The tournament director reserves all rights regarding all rules and the operation of the tournament.
For further information, contact: CHUCK PEZZANO JR. - (973) 423-3339 E-Mail: JBTBoss1@aol.com
All checks and money orders are to be made payable to: CHUCK PEZZANO JR. and mailed with completed entry blank to:
ADDITIONAL NERVE-WRACKER TOURNAMENT RULES
JUNIOR BOWLERS TOUR
198 Tenth Avenue
Hawthorne, New Jersey 07506
NERVE-WRACKER ENTRY BLANK
Name _______________________________________________________Birth Date ___________________
Address ________________________________________________ Phone __(_______)________________
City _______________________________________________ State ______________ Zip ______________
E-Mail Address ___________________________________ Expected year of high school graduation ________